A letter from our president:
Thank you for visiting the Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association’s (NEABA) home on the web! As our mission statement states, we exist to promote safe road and mountain biking in the Northeast Alabama region. Simply put, we are just a group of people that have a passion for cycling! We are welcoming to both the new cyclist just getting into the sport and to experienced cyclists. We welcome both the recreational and competitive riders. It doesn’t matter if you ride road, mountain or both, there’s a place for you in NEABA.
NEABA is looked to for our leadership in promoting local cycling events, trail stewardship, and the promotion of safe cycling. We partner with city leaders to ensure cycling is part of the city’s vision for the future!
NEABA supports and sponsors a large variety of events that include:
· The Cheaha Challenge Grand Fondo (May 2015)
· Noble Street Festival and Sunny King Criterium (March 2015)
· Pizza Rides – A Tuesday afternoon ride in Anniston with a variety of skill levels and distances with a common finish: Mellow Mushroom in Oxford. When daylight gets short, this turns into the “Dirty Pizza Ride.”
· Dirty Pizza Ride – Tuesday afternoons at Coldwater Mountain. The finish is usually at night so you will need some lights.
· Saturday rides starting in Munford
· Trail Stewardship Workdays – 2nd Sunday workdays at Coldwater Mountain
A lot of great things are happening in this area related to cycling and NEABA wants to be right in the thick of it. However, none of these things can happen without your help and your participation! Our club is run by our volunteer Board of Directors and powered by the efforts of our great volunteers! Again, the single common thread tying us all together is the love of bicycling, the friendships, and the rewards of doing for others!
If we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
We would love to have you be a part of NEABA! Come Ride With Us!
The Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association (NEABA) exists to promote safe road and mountain biking. We strive to promote the healthy benefits of cycling by planning and sponsoring quality cycling-related events, and by encouraging both recreational cycling and cycling as a viable means of transportation.
We're a chapter of the Southern Off-road Bicycling Association (SORBA) as well as a chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA). The club is a non-profit organization created to promote cycling in the Northeast Alabama area. We host the South's toughest century: The Cheaha Challenge. Additionally we have hosted several of the SERC mountain bike races at Cheaha State Park.